SportsConnect is designed to provide exposure for potential employment opportunities with representatives from some of the leading sports-related businesses, companies, leagues and franchises (“Organizations”) in North America.
Check out the flyer for SportsConnect.
Watch videos of the event:
- Welcome and Keynote Opening Speaker
- Keynote Lunch Speaker
- Roundtable Discussion Panel 1 - Ticket Sales
- Roundtable Discussion Panel 2 - Athletic Department Fundraising
SportsConnect is segmented into the following facets:
- Check-In and Networking Reception (Wednesday the 10th, beginning at 5:00PM)
- Welcome and Keynote Opening Speaker (Thursday the 11th, beginning at 8:00AM)
- Breakout/Roundtable Discussion Sessions (Thursday, beginning at 8:50AM)
- Lunch/Keynote Lunch Speaker (Thursday, beginning at 12:00PM)
- Interviewing Sessions (Thursday, beginning at 1:00PM, and Friday the 12th, beginning at 8:00AM)
We anticipate between 30 and 50 sports-related organizations to participate in this event.
The following is a growing list of organizations that expect to participate:
AEG Ticketing / AEG Worldwide
Alderson-Broaddus College Athletic Department
Columbus Blue Jackets
Fairmont State University Athletic Department
Freedom Sports & Entertainment / PMI
Front Row Marketing Services
Greater Morgantown Convention & Visitors Bureau
Waynesburg University Athletic Department
West Virginia Wesleyan College Athletic Department
For those attending to interview, there are two (2) ways to register in advance for SportsConnect: either online (which includes payment via PayPal) or by printing the Registration Form and mailing it to the address shown below with your check or money order made payable to SportsWeave. Whether you register online or via US Mail, you are also required to send the following to us to complete your registration: a brief (one paragraph) Biography; a Resume; a complete copy (of all) of your (college/university) Grades Transcript(s); and, a Picture of yourself. It is important for you to understand that your registration will not be considered complete (nor accepted) until we have received all of these items.
Your non-refundable registration fee for this event is $100.00. There will be a $50 banking fee for all checks written on insufficient funds.
If you plan to stay at The Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa, then please call Ms. Karen Forsythe at
304-594-9414 to secure your room. (The SportsConnect room rate is $69.00 per night.)
NOTE: DUE TO RECENT CONSTRUCTION, PUBLISHED MAPS MAY BE INCORRECT. PLEASE USE THE DIRECTIONS BELOW.
To The Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa
- Follow I-79 to I-68 East, then follow the directions below
- Take exit 10 and proceed to the stop sign if arriving from the East, or to the stop light if arriving from the West
- If arriving from the East, then turn right; if arriving from the West, then turn left (going back under I-68)
- Go approx. 1 mile and take exit 1 (857/Cheat Lake/Fairchance Road), winding around to the stop sign
- Turn left onto Bowers Lane and go approx. 1/4 mile to the stop sign
- Turn right (onto Rte. 857 South) and go approx. 1 mile (passing Ruby & Ketchy’s Restaurant on the left, and both Chestnut Ridge Church and Exxon on the right) to the large Lakeview sign on the left
- Turn left into the Lakeview entrance; then go approx. 1/4 mile, passing the golf course on the left, and then park and proceed to the front desk
The check-in process for this event begins at 5:00PM on Wednesday, April 10, 2013. If you have already registered, then you will pick up your information packet, interview schedule and ID and attend the Networking Reception (which will include both hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, soft drinks, coffee and a cash bar). If we have not received your registration by 5:00PM on Friday, April 5th, then you must register on-site at The Lakeview, beginning at 5:00PM on Wednesday, April 10, 2013.
Please bring and wear clothes appropriate for job interviews! (For men, we recommend a suit and tie. For women, we recommend a dress, skirt or slacks and blouse.).