SportsConnect is designed to provide exposure for potential employment opportunities with representatives from some of the leading sports-related businesses, companies, leagues and franchises (“Organizations”) in North America.
Watch videos of the event:
- Welcome and Keynote Opening Speaker
- Keynote Lunch Speaker
- Roundtable Discussion Panel 1 - Ticketing Services
- Roundtable Discussion Panel 2 - Event & Organizational Management
- Roundtable Discussion Panel 3 - Sales & Marketing Services
- Roundtable Discussion Panel 4 - Product Suppliers
- Roundtable Discussion Panel 5 - NFL
- Roundtable Discussion Panel 6 - Small Colleges & Universities
- Roundtable Discussion Panel 7 - MLB & NBA
- Roundtable Discussion Panel 8 - Local Event Marketing
SportsConnect is segmented into six equally-important facets:
- Check-In and Networking Reception (Wednesday the 11th, beginning at 5:00PM)
- Welcome and Keynote Opening Speaker (Thursday the 12th, beginning at 8:00AM)
- Breakout/Roundtable Discussion Sessions (Thursday, beginning at 8:50AM)
- Lunch/Keynote Lunch Speaker (Thursday, beginning at 12:00PM)
- Keynote Evening Speaker (Thursday, beginning at 7:10PM)
- Interviewing Sessions (Thursday, beginning at 1:00PM, and Friday the 13th, beginning at 8:00AM)
We are inviting approximately 1,000 “Organizations” to participate (we expect approximately 60 of them to attend) and have, therefore, set the limit at 200 registrants.
The following is a growing list of organizations that have committed to participate:
Ad-Wear & Specialty of Texas
AEG Ticketing / AEG Worldwide
Alderson-Broaddus College Athletic Department
Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment
Fairmont State University
Front Row Marketing Services
Greater Morgantown Convention & Visitors Bureau
Lake Erie Monsters
Legends Sports Group
MLS – National Sales Center
National Senior Games Association
Playbook Management International / PMI College
Stanley Black & Decker
West Virginia Wesleyan College Athletic Department
If you are representing one of the “Organizations” referenced above and are planning to be present to speak and/or interview prospective new employees, then register and pay here.
For those attending to interview, there are two (2) ways to register in advance for SportsConnect: either online (which includes payment via PayPal) or by printing the Registration Form and mailing it to the address shown below with your check or money order made payable to SportsWeave. Whether you register online or via US Mail, you are also required to send the following to us to complete your registration: a brief (one paragraph) Biography; a Resume; a complete copy (of all) of your (college/university) Grades Transcript(s); and, a Picture of yourself. It is important for you to understand that your registration will not be considered complete (nor accepted) until we have received all of these items.
Your non-refundable registration fee for this event depends on when we receive your registration paperwork. To receive the advance registration rate of $199.99 (which includes 2 double occupancy room-nights at the Lakeview), we must receive your info and payment by 5:00PM (Eastern Time) on Wednesday, March 14, 2012. (If you do not request the person with whom you will share the room, then we will coordinate your room assignment.) All registration-related info received after that date will be considered late and will be subject to the late/on-site registration fee of $399.00. There will be a $50 banking fee for all checks written on insufficient funds.
NOTE: DUE TO RECENT CONSTRUCTION, PUBLISHED MAPS MAY BE INCORRECT. PLEASE USE THE DIRECTIONS BELOW.
To Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa
- Follow I-79 to I-68 East, then follow the directions below
- Take exit 10 and proceed to the stop sign if arriving from the East, or to the stop light if arriving from the West
- If arriving from the East, then turn right; if arriving from the West, then turn left (going back under I-68)
- Go approx. 1 mile and take exit 1 (857/Cheat Lake/Fairchance Road), winding around to the stop sign
- Turn left onto Bowers Lane and go approx. 1/4 mile to the stop sign
- Turn right (onto Rte. 857 South) and go approx. 1 mile (passing Ruby & Ketchy’s Restaurant on the left, and both Chestnut Ridge Church and Exxon on the right) to the large Lakeview sign on the left
- Turn left into the Lakeview entrance; then go approx. 1/4 mile, passing the golf course on the left, and then park and proceed to the front desk
The check-in process for this event begins at 5:00PM on Wednesday, April 11, 2012. If you have already registered, then you will pick up your information packet and ID lanyard, receive instructions and attend the Networking Reception (which will include both hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, soft drinks, coffee and a cash bar). If we have not received your registration by 5:00PM on Wednesday, March 14th, then you must register on-site at The Lakeview, beginning at 5:00PM on Wednesday, April 11, 2012.
Please bring and wear clothes appropriate for job interviews! (For men, we recommend a suit and tie. For women, we recommend a dress, skirt or slacks and blouse.).
241 Paradise Circle, Suites B97 - B99
Morgantown, WV 26508
Phone: 304-225-5000 / Fax: 304-225-5555